Monday, May 16, 2011

Robots and Spaceships

I have a very sweet, uber-talented friend who asked if she could make some baby bedding for our little guy.  I could not turn down that offer because we all know how crafty I am and that my idea of nesting involves furniture assembly and bookends.  She asked me to pick out some fabric and J even got in on the selection.  Isn't it cute?!
She made crib bumpers out of this fabric with contrasting blue stripes on the other side and sweet red ribbon ties.  She also made some valances for the windows out of the blue stripe fabric.  And a wonderful quilt...
She showed up at my house last week with two more matching lightweight blankets, a beautiful bouquet of flowers and these precious outfits for the girls...
My girls were so excited to have matching outfits.  Those are pretty rare when one of you is wearing the other's hand-me-downs.  C immediately took off dancing and spinning to make her skirt twirl, and A attempted to show off her ballet moves.

Needless to say, we have been overwhelmed by her talent and generosity.  (To think, she has 10-month-old twins!!)  Thank you so much, T, for helping us celebrate our little guy and make his arrival so special!

No comments: