Monday, September 21, 2009

Big fan of mint

Mint chocolate ice cream has always been my favorite. Ditto for thin mints. A stocking full of Andes or York mints on Christmas morning? Perfection. (Yes, J, that was a hint.) And now, mint.com. Click on over and stand amazed at the time-saving wonder that is free, automatic, online budgeting. I have always been the one to manage our family's finances and have rightly earned the title of Quicken Nazi. "No receipt? No soup for you!" Well, mint has offered an other-worldy level of freedom for me. I have relinquished my quicken ways and embraced every auto feature that I am aware of at mint. Goodbye, endless entry of every individual receipt! Hello, two minutes every week to verify categories are accurately assigned. Goodbye, two hours a week to reconcile statements and update budgets. Hello, emails alerting me that I'm close to going over budget in any category. The time that I have saved on finances has been so liberating! I have spare moments to write a blog, for crying out loud!

Be free, my fellow Quicken-slaves! You know not what you miss. Taste and see that the mint is smooth and satisfying. Just pray with me that the recent acquisition by Quicken-creator Intuit will not poison the mellow goodness that is mint.com, lest we all be chained again to the time sink that is manual entry.

No comments: