Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Not Too Fast

Monday during lunch, A was bemoaning the fact that her friends would turn six before she would.  She desperately wants to be the same age as they are.  I remember feeling this way about my cousin.  I just never could stay caught up with her.

A said something about, "When I'm 7,..." and I quickly cut her off saying, "Oh, please don't ever be so big as 7!  Promise you won't grow up to be 7."  Here's how the rest of the conversation went...
A: But Mo-om, if I grow up, I won't whine as much anymore.
M: Oh, well in that case, maybe you can grow up just a little.
A:  Aa-nd, I'll help more.
M: Ok, you can grow up just a little.
A:  Aa-nd, I'll love you more.
M: Ok, you can grow up to be 7, just not too fast.

1 comment:

Jenny said...

such a smart cutie!

not to mention a very good persuader, hmm...I wonder what's in her future :)