Monday, November 7, 2011

That's Fast!

So my last post was all about my babies not growing up too fast.  Get a load of this... In the last week, C has looked potty-training in the face and told it who's boss; Z has sprouted two teeth; and A has lost one!!  Slow down!

C is doing great with potty-training and I'm ready to declare "mission accomplished," but I'm not going to be fool enough to do that because then she'll regress and I'll have to eat my words.  Let's just say that we have moved on to the conversation about changing our underwear every day even if they are clean and dry all day.  I apologize profusely to all my friends who have struggled so hard with potty-training.  I wish I knew what spell has been cast over our potty-training efforts to date and could bottle it up with a bow to give to you.  It is certainly nothing of my own doing at all.  I'm just going to praise God for it, whatever it is.

I guess it was a week and a half ago that I noticed Z's first tooth had broken through.  It was only two days later that J announced the next one had surfaced.  He's eating cereal twice a day now and trying out jar foods.  Peas and squash, so far.  I think that boy would eat a bus if I could get it on a spoon.

A complained on Wednesday morning that her tooth hurt.  I didn't make much of it because she often has a malady of some kind or another that affords her a few minutes of delayed obedience.  But I decided to take a good look when she brought it back up again at lunch.  Sure enough, it was loose.  We had much drama at mealtimes for the next few days as she pampered that tooth.  I was so relieved when it got bumped out on Friday night during some horseplay with cousins.  She didn't shed a tear or even utter a blood-curdling scream.
(This is not a scream.  This is Mom trying to get a picture of the hole left by the tooth.  Not as easy as I thought it would be.)

And for inquiring minds that want to know, we decided against the tooth fairy.  We're such party poopers.  She told us a few months ago that she knew the tooth fairy wasn't real.  I don't remember why it even came up, but I wasn't going to lie to convince her of something she had already figured out.  J told her he would play the "tooth game" with her.  She could put the tooth in an envelope under her pillow and he would give her a dollar for it before the next morning and she was to try to catch him doing it.  She didn't catch him and she was thrilled to find the dollar under her pillow the next morning.

So much for not growing up too fast.  Not only are they speeding past milestones, they're ganging up on us and hitting them together.

1 comment:

Jenny said...

something tells me you might go back and read this post and crack up when you potty train Zane, maybe not but just a wish, oh I mean thought!!! :)

I can't believe she lost her first tooth, wow! are our girls that old?