Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Closing Early

I have called the moving company three times already to change our move-in date.  We were originally scheduled to close on the new house on October 17, move in on the 18th.  Then we found out we might be able to close early, so I re-scheduled our stuff's arrival.  Then our realtor told us we might want to delay the movers by a day or two just in case closing got pushed for any reason.  I opted for one day's margin.  Then my husband blew through the house at lunch time Tuesday and said the bank was looking for verification on a certain document and if they don't have it by close of business, the house closing gets pushed back.  I imagined the movers throwing all our boxes into the truck because we re-scheduled a fourth time.  I didn't have to make that call though, because J is a rock star.  He got it done in heroic fashion along with all the other things he is juggling to move a business.

Today, he called to tell me that we could go sign the papers tomorrow, but wouldn't get the keys until Friday.  Oh, and there was a slight chance we might need to drive to Plano to sign.  At this point, I knew he was cracking jokes about all the hoops we've had to jump through to get a mortgage.  Alas, no, he was not joking.  They seriously considered making us drive to Plano!!  What in the world?!  He assured them that we would not be driving to Plano for this mortgage, and somehow they still made it happen.  Imagine that.

So, we will go sign papers tomorrow afternoon, get our keys on Friday, spend the weekend cleaning, and welcome our stuff on Monday.  Woo hoo!!  I am so eager to be on the final leg of this transition!

1 comment:

Janice Schirmer said...

oh for a minute I thought cool if they have to drive to plano we can see each other :-)! oh well wishful thinking! congratulations on the new house and all the wonderful things God has in store for you guys!