Thursday, April 29, 2010

Recipe Finds

I've found a few new keepers recently to add to my regular rotation and thought I would pass them on. I think coming up with meals that satisfy the whole family, meet reasonable nutrition guidelines, and don't consume vast quantities of money, time or energy is one of my toughest jobs and I always need fresh ideas. Please share yours.

Very Easy and Tasty Pasta with Tomato and Feta - name says it all. I have made it without the feta and it's just as good. Beats Carino's and is super easy. Will fumigate your house with garlic, though.
Take-Out Fried Rice - cheap and easy. I usually make a big batch of rice any time I cook it and put leftovers in the freezer. Then I can combine the leftovers into one fried rice meal.
Crock-Pot Cowboy Beef & Baked Beans Stew - for the meat and potato lover at your table
Easy Cubed Steak Crock Pot Casserole - I did not use nearly as many potatoes as the recipe called for or we would have been up to our ears in potatoes. But that's an easy way to stretch the recipe.
Sesame Peanut Noodles - another cheap one. I didn't care for the cucumber called for, so I omitted it. I substituted yellow squash once and that was good, but it didn't keep very well for leftovers. Next time, I'll just use the carrots and do squash on the side.

Bon appetit!

No comments: