Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Never enough pink

I was happy to help out a friend who needed child care early this morning. It's a good thing that J had to leave for his weekly men's prayer coffee about the same time our little friend was arriving because the pink level in this house just exploded. Shortly after I turned off the morning tv show, I heard K ask A, "Let's go get dressed. What kind of clothes do you have?" They then disappeared into A's room and all I could hear was,
"What about polka-dots? I like the polka-dots."
"I think I'm going to do the flower shorts."
"Ooh, yeah, I like those."
"Let's find some shoes, too."
"I have two pairs of crocs...pink and purple, my favorites."
"How about sandals? I like the sandals."
"Oh, those are pretty!"
Too funny!

I called them to breakfast and after they finished, they asked if they could go outside. I told them I thought the neighbors would appreciate it if we waited until at least 8 am to take this show outside. "Okay, we'll go brush each other's hair." Good luck with that, K, cause it usually causes fits of holy terror when I try to brush A's hair. I give 'em six more months before they're asking to paint each other's toenails. Pink, pink, pink, pink, pink!


1 comment:

Jenny said...

too funny! Thank you so much for keeping Kylynn, she was so excited to go and yes I'm afraid she will be an influence towards girliness, pink, toenail painting, and all that sort of stuff :)

She really loves your little girls.