Thursday, January 19, 2012

High Praise

I was sitting on the floor of the girls' bedroom last night, slathering them with lotion after their bath.  C apparently noticed my hair-do for the first time (ever) and remarked, "Mommy!  You have a ponytail!"  I grinned at the thought that this was news to her since my hair is in a ponytail or mommy-bun every day.

Since I was bent over rubbing A's legs, she had a bird's-eye view of my coif.  "I like your ponytail, Mom; all the curls and squiggles that come out.  It's really pretty."  Taken aback by her sincerity, I thanked her for the compliment.  Then I had to bite my cheek when she added, "It's even Target pretty."  That could mean a lot of things in my mommy circle, so I was glad she elaborated.  "Sometimes they decorate their walls with fancy swirls and squiggles that are really pretty.  It's like that."

Thanks.  I think.

1 comment:

Jenny said...

oooh I do love Target, what a compliment!! so cute :)