Thursday, March 28, 2013

Thanks, Friends

You guys are so encouraging!  I have received several emails about my last post on battling fear.  Let me just assure you that these fears are not crippling, nor do they consume more than a smidge of my brain activity.  And as usual, just talking about it helps so much.  I knew I wasn't the only one who struggled with living free of fear.  Here are some comments you've shared...

"I share your fears.  They can be consuming.  Praying with you about letting go."

"Memorizing HIS word and repeating it as I feel the fear trying to crawl in, helps me to hold on to HIM and experience HIS peace. "

"Do I trust God to provide if we can't?  Do I trust God to bring beauty from the ashes of the death of a loved one or an unspeakable tragedy?  Yes.  It will be hard to go through, but God has proven He is big and trustworthy.  Should I be cautious, yeah, that's being wise.  Should I fear that someone might shoot my child on the sidewalk?  I'd hate that profoundly, but I have to trust God and let him protect my children or take them home."

"1John 4:18-- There is no fear in love but perfect love drives out fear because fear has to do with punishment. The one who fears punishment has not been perfected in love. "

Thanks for letting me think out loud about this.  And thanks for being so encouraging!  I am blessed more than I could ask or imagine with an amazing community of friends and family to work out our faith alongside each other.

No comments: