Monday, June 4, 2012

My Goal This Week

Friends, this will be a long week at our house.  After a particularly stilted night of sleep on Friday, I drew my line in the sand and told Z he would get no more morning naps.  That was Saturday morning.  Today is Monday.  Did I mention it's going to be a looong week?

I'm hopeful that cutting his morning nap will help his afternoon nap grow to a reasonable length.  And the logic continues from there that a good afternoon nap will help him stay up a little later in the evening so that he sleeps through the night without occasional fussing and sleeps past 5am (yes, please!).

So this is a transition week for us.  I'm doing a lot of playing on the floor with him, breaking out a lot of things to play with that I would normally have saved for a few more months.  He's played with the bucket of dry noodles and tried the dishpan of water this morning.  His attention span is a healthy two minutes for these activities that I hope will distract him for ten.  And I'm trying to figure out how to still get things done without the usual 45-minute break I get during his morning nap.

I'm going to keep my eye on the prize and hope we're in a new routine in time for his birthday party this weekend, but I may be a glutton for punishment.

What are you doing this week?

No comments: