Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Paint Marathon

Last week, my girls were invited to Grandma Camp for five days!!  Thank you, Grandma!!  My sister drove them with her two youngest to Grandma's on Saturday.  As soon as they were out of the driveway, J and I started prepping their room for paint.

Before...

After...

We rearranged their furniture, so it's sort of hard to see what you're looking at.  It's sort of a peachy pink this time instead of bubble gum pink.  I have some fabric to make duvets for their beds, and that was the inspiration for the color.  But it might be another year or three before those get done.  I've got some cute ideas for art on their walls, but one thing at a time.

We moved on to their bathroom the next morning.  I forgot to take a before, but it was the same dull vanilla color as their bedroom.  The whole house is builder vanilla.  Here's the after--a nice sunshiny yellow that will accommodate a little boy joining the mix...
It was sometime during the painting of the bathroom that I remembered I wanted to paint the girls' closet.  I'm pretty sure the previous owners kept a pet in there and I was beyond ready to seal in whatever was left behind.  So we got bogged down in the details of the closet, trim and doors in their room for most of Sunday.  Monday morning, J escaped to work and I tackled the kitchen.  Before...
 and after....
I went bold in the kitchen!  I was a little scared about it as it was going on, but it's been a week now and I really like it.  I have some photo frames for the half wall that will break it up a bit and need to find a few other things for the far wall.  But it's really nice to have some COLOR in the house!  Thanks to my sister and nephew for helping get it done!

I was disappointed that we didn't get as far as I had hoped.  But three rooms in three days will take it out of you.  And I needed a full day to put everything back the way it goes for normal living again.  Next up, we'll tackle the living room and formal areas.  I've got stuff to put on the walls in those rooms and I haven't done it yet because I figure why put holes in the walls right before you paint.  Hopefully, we can squeeze those rooms in before this month is over.

1 comment:

Jenny said...

sarah that is beautiful, I LOVE the kitchen, LOVE it, and I am super impressed!! that is a lot of painting.

and I'm jealous grandma camp, who knew!

miss you!