Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Nine Months

What a difference nine months can make!  I know you guys get tired of hearing me talk about how I'm not pregnant anymore, but it really is a great attitude-adjuster for me.  Nine months ago, I was relieved of the burden of pregnancy and had the wonderful thrill of meeting my baby boy.  I love him so much more as his own person.

And he is definitely his own little man now.  He's quick as lightening with his army crawl, not minding the carpet burn on his forearms.  He's so over baby toys and heads straight for anything that looks contraband.  He has discovered that he can make his own fun by chasing a ball or bottle cap around the room like a little soccer player.  And he loves to climb already.  We have a huge bean bag that has become his personal mountain.  He giggles and grunts as he goes back and forth over it.  If we give him the tiniest boost, he can pull himself up to a standing position and cruise along the couch.

All this mobility means he sometimes must be contained.  Oh, how he hates to be fenced in!  You'd think we were pulling his toenails out to hear him howl if I have to put him behind a gate or in his playpen.  So hard to be a baby.

He is discovering new table foods at every meal.  He tried noodles, green beans and carrots at supper last night and avocado for lunch today.  If nothing else, he's enjoying the squish of it all between his fingers.  Oddly enough, bananas make him gag.  Strangest thing....all three of my children cannot abide bananas.  Maybe it's because I ate one every morning for breakfast while I was pregnant?

He is still over the moon for his sisters and they are mostly still in love with him.  Though he is more challenging now that he pulls their hair, chews their toys, and has his own shows to watch during screen time.  He can't wait to be able to follow them up the stairs, play in their room, or ride on the tire swing.

J will tell you that he's said several words.  But I can only confirm that "Dada" is his first word.  He uses that one consistently and in the right context.  I'm always happy to hand him over when he asks for "Da."

I'm sure there will be lots of milestones in the next few months.  I'll do my best to keep up with them and share them with you, his adoring fans.

1 comment:

Jenny said...

oh I can't wait to see him, I can't believe he's so big already!