Friday, June 3, 2011

The End is Nigh

As I watched my own imaginary due date come and go last week, and now the due date the ultrasound pegged, it is with great relief that I look forward to next Tuesday.  We've decided that if this little guy doesn't come before then, we will induce on Tuesday morning (June 7).  My doctor maintained that June 9 was the due date all along, but I have been in total denial.  He has four more days to debut on his own terms, then we're going to get this show on the road.

I feel like I'm giving up on my goal of not inducing, but everything is up for re-negotiation at 39 weeks pregnant.  I have obviously done a great job of keeping up with the fluid levels and keeping him nice and comfy and healthy.  He is in no hurry to do anything but make my belly bigger.  And pain and discomfort make it easier to swallow compromise.

Now that it's on the calendar, I'm going to shift my prayers to a healthy delivery.  Will you pray with me that we get just right the balance of pain relief?  Enough to last through the whole delivery, but not so much to cause blood pressure problems for me or baby.  Oh, and pray we pick the right name, too.

2 comments:

Jenny said...

praying!

Anonymous said...

Praying for you my friend! it is almost here!