Monday, December 17, 2012

Pumpkin Patch

Yes, this is another catch-up post.  We went to the pumpkin patch at the end of October.  It was one of those freaky cold days and I took along our hats, gloves, scarves and big coats.  By midday, it had warmed up nicely and I was glad to have a big stroller to lug all that stuff around.

C was thrilled to ride a real horse!  I thought she would be terrified, but she was the only one who really wanted to do it.  And she grinned the whole way.
Photographing Z is like trying to nail jello to the wall.  He has so many fun expressions and loves to make faces, and he sits still for about two nano-seconds.  I must have taken a hundred photos of just him and this is what I got.
He had a blast, though, climbing around on that old truck and the piles and piles of pumpkins.  The corn maze was kiddie-sized and I nearly panicked about losing him while we were in there.  (Can you spy him in the photo below?)  That's probably the closest I've come to wanting a child leash.  I can't imagine how many kids get lost in the full-size Texas-shaped corn maze.  
My girls were slightly easier to catch on camera.

Can I just say how refreshing it is to go from photographing all of the above to snapping pics of a teenage girl?  Takes five seconds, she knows how to smile, how to pose, listens to instructions...something to look forward to with my girls.
We had lunch on the lawn in the warm sunshine, picked as many flowers as we wanted, fed the goats, and ended with homemade ice cream.  It was a great family day squeezed into a really full schedule.  We didn't get to do the pumpkin patch last year because we were knee-deep in moving boxes.  I think that made it more fun this time around.

1 comment:

Jenny said...

love that picture of Helena, could not find Z in the maze, I have a leash you could borrow if you want :)

so proud of you for blogging, love catching up! J job sounds amazing! so happy to hear that! We need to visit soon.

xo