Thursday, February 23, 2012

Catch Up

Okay, so the water leak is all contained and the ceiling is being patched up in stages as it dries.  Indoor waterfalls are sooooo last week.  Let me catch you up on what we've been doing around here.

In January, everybody in the house but me was sick for three weeks, capped off with Jeremy injuring his foot during a game of racquetball.  He was prescribed a boot for three weeks, wore it for three days, and says he's ready to play again.  I was formulating a more detailed post about all of this in my mind when the whole water leak thing happened and I decided January news was history; live in the now.

We decorated for Valentine's Day while we were sick and the girls went NUTS with the valentines for friends.  Since we were stuck in the house, they colored, taped, glued, folded, and stickered at least one ream of paper.  I have declared plain paper off limits for the rest of the month.  They must consume coloring books until then.

I tackled a couple of pinterest projects for Valentines, a paper heart wreath and a crepe paper flower ball.  Can I just say crepe paper flowers are t.e.d.i.o.u.s!  Entirely too time consuming.  I thought it would be something the girls and I could do together, but they got frustrated that their flowers didn't look like mine and gave up.  Which left me to finish covering the foam ball.  There should be a rule on pinterest that every pin list its time investment.  Sort of like nutrition facts, "Time sink....87% of your free time; mental energy....no significant value."  (FYI, the paper heart wreath was done in one nap time and turned out sort of cute.)

Otherwise, we've been learning together in school, having friends over for dinner, going on dates, and catching up with ourselves.

My mind was working well enough this afternoon to think to grab the camera while we were out enjoying the pretty weather and relative good health of our household.  I tried to ignore their sweaty hair and mismatched outfits, knowing I would take all the joy out of the day if I tried to get us "ready" to take pictures.  And it would take me a month to post them if I tried to edit out the utility box in the background.  So just focus on their smiles and look how big they're getting.


No comments: