Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Thanks for the dance

I feel the need to document the way I spent the last 45 minutes. I just finished a memorable, rather intimate dance with one 15-pound raw turkey. As I cut open the bag, I took one good look at him and said, "Allright, turkey, let's dance." (It was best the family wasn't home to witness the spectacle.) Tom was a rather silent dance partner; he even allowed me to lead. Though I should say he tried to get away more than a few times. I was not offended, but even more resolved to finish what we had started. I should have known he would be very accommodating when he put his neck on the line.

Okay, I have to break with the analogy now because I really did yank the poor thing's neck out of his body cavity. I didn't want the pun to be mistaken for his moment of death. Nevermind the backbone I demonstrated by doing it. Sorry, that one was awful; I'll stop now.

I'm actually pretty excited about the turkey. This is the first time I've done the whole shebang. I went with the Perfect Roast Turkey recipe from RecipeZaar and it sounds like it should be really delicious. If it doesn't turn out to be a keeper, well, at least I'll always have that dance.

No comments: