Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Quick Mash-Up

Sometimes when you haven't done something in a long time, it's really hard to get started again.  My apologies for falling out of the blogging habit.  Here's a quick mash-up of what's been going on at our house.

We have five days left in our school year!!  I think I'm way more excited than my children.

We leave for vacation on our last day of school!!  I also think I'm way more excited about this than my children are.

We have not all managed to stay well in April.  A and C both had ear infections and Z had a nasty cough.  As Z's cough tapered off, C had a 24-hour fever.  I'm really praying that we are all well for our vacation.

Z is into everything and has had to be contained to the living room for his own safety.  Baby gates abound at our house.

C and A run hot and cold with each other....playing nicely and enjoying each other in spades one moment, then bickering and yelling at each other the next.

We painted the dining room.  I don't like one of the colors we chose and we'll have to re-paint one wall.  Phooey.

J had a good birthday celebration over the course of multiple days.  I made cheesecake and carrot cake.  We got to spend the day with friends and family.  He played board games.  AND the kids slept over at my sister's house and we got to sleep in!!

My brother's family stayed with us for about a week while they waited to close on their new house.  We barely knew they were here.  The freedom and spontaneity they enjoy with older children gives me hope for our future.

We rode the light rail downtown as a family one Saturday.  That will earn it's own post.

The girls and I took a field trip to a local nature center.  Z stayed home with a sitter.  Best use of a field trip budget!  Pics to follow.

God is up to something interesting and unexpected over at Snoball.  I can't tell you what it is yet, because I don't know myself.  But I do know that we will look back on this spring and say, "Oh!  That's what You were doing!"

Hopefully I've overcome the inertia of not blogging for so long.  I have loads of news to share and it's been bouncing around in my brain.  I'm eager to get it all out and hope you're all still there listening.

2 comments:

Kay on San Saba said...

Loved getting the update; always enjoy hearing from you and miss it when you don't write often. You're a great writer.
Can't wait for you to write your first book :)

Janice Schirmer said...

Sarah, I miss you girl! you are a great writer indeed!